As a follow up to our conversation, below are the details. Viridians is into few things as a company.
We are developing a product called as backstage. It is a collaboration / project management platform. Backstage handles:
1. Collaboration: Wiki, Tasks, Status, Calendar, File Center,
2. Alerts: Sends alerts to twitter, email, instant messenger, sms. We also plan live discussions through instant message and emails.
3. Project Management: Timesheets, Roles, Small Accounting,
4. Some new module called as Research Feeds.
We also have great ideas and analysis for other products for which we do not have time to complete. They will be executed as and when time permits.
1. Mosaic CRM
2. LaunchPad – A website which allows companies to launch their Software as a Service products by minimizing their to market time. In general it provides services like payment gateway integration, monthly billing, ordering, etc.
Viridians Entrepreneur Platform
We operate like Venture Capitalists, who seek out really great ideas, people, companies, NGOs, projects, etc at a very very early stage. What we are looking for is the following:
1. Attitude towards learning
2. Long term perspective instead of instant gratification
3. A promising idea
4. Some history of good work
Once we find such companies, we invest our money, technology, product management methodology, time, etc into your project to convert it into a product.
Presently, we are in process of adopting http://reloadbrain.com into Viridians Entrepreneur Platform. http://reloadbrain.com is like meebo and was developed by a single person. We plan to redevelop the whole core functionality from scratch and develop a completely new communications platform out of it for Enterprise applications. The idea is highly experimental.
I generally love poetry. 🙂 It was only last week, I met a poet in India and we decided to start a online poetry magazine + a social networking for poetry + a RSS aggregator for poetry. In this project, I am planning to invest my own money and get it moving…. because its for poetry! … but ROI is slower on this because initially all revenue is thru advertisements. But in case in year 2, crowd is growing and magazine getting some publicity, we can make it big….There are many many many competitors.. hence we simply plan to use RSS aggregrators, sign up to their own platforms and build up ‘BOT users’ of real world users Ex. Surinder has a blog in blogger.com on poetry. I will simply crawl his website, create a BOT Surinder and post his own poety live ….
Radio Viridian http://youtube.com/radioviridian
We believe to spread our knowledge, core code, culture as much as possible. The world is big for all of us. We are trying to create a youtube service for the same. It’s called Radio Viridian. It has three videos on our mindset. More videos are planned.
Viridians Partner Platform
All in all, we believe the market is VVVVVVVVV BIG for you / me / everyone…………. and hence we are v OPEN in sharing technology. (with some v basic restrictions). Hence we have the Viridians Partner Platform. In VPP, we tie up with small IT development companies who have a ruby on rails workforce to:
1. Partner with us on one of our products. The company invests time, effort, and a little money. When the product succeeds, the company owns a percentage of the product.
2. Partner with us on sharing technology: We co-develop a technology. Or exchange technologies.
Advantages to the company partnering with us.
1. We are open to sharing quite a bit of our technical know how and code. Generally many companies can reuse that code to sell projects.
2. We open our network to you. We maintain the Virdian Crowd.
3. After 6 odd months of interaction and learning, once the partner company is capable of executing projects for us at the quality we want we give partner companies higher priority while giving out projects. Example recently we gave out a $1000 project.
4. We often receive requests from people for portals. Since we are not into projects, we forward the requests to capable partners.
5. Cost consolidation: We buy virtual private clouds in some of the best webservers companies and share it with our partners for a cost. This way, our partners get world class servers at the webhosting cost they used to pay.
6. Training: We do hold lectures quite often on various topics. Plus generally someone in our network will know something about what you want to know.
My suggestion to you
Join us as partners for sometime, work with us – 1 person around 20 hours a week (insignificant to start off) for 2-3 months, we will come to know about each other, each other’s working skills, etc. Once we are comfortable with each other, we can scale up our operational relation for anything.