Michael Jackson is no more. He was an American biggest Pop Singer, entertainer and businessman. He was also known as the King of Pop. He made his debut onto the professional music scene at the age of 11 as a member of The Jackson 5 in 1969, and began a solo career in 1971 while still a member of the group. His 1982 album Thriller is the world’s best-selling record of all time and other albums are also among the world’s best-selling records: Off the Wall (1979), Bad (1987), Dangerous (1991) and HIStory (1995). Today in the memory of this great artist, I have compiled his all time Top 13 Songs.
1. Thriller — This song made him King of Pop.
2. “Black or White” is from Michael Jackson’s album Dangerous, released in October 1991. This song is a mix of hard rock, dance and rap. Written, composed, and arranged by Jackson with the rap lyricist Bill Bottrell. The aim of this song to promote racial unity.
3. “Beat It” won Jackson two Grammy Awards for Record of the Year and Best Male Rock Vocal Performance. It was also nominated for Song of the Year along with Jackson’s “Billie Jean”. Rolling Stone ranked it 337 on their list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.
4. “Man in the Mirror” was a number 1 super hit for Michael Jackson when released in 1988. It is one of Jackson’s most critically acclaimed songs and it was nominated for Record of the Year at the Grammy Awards.
5. Billie Jean — A dance-pop R&B song by Michael Jackson.
6. “Don’t Stop ’til You Get Enough“, released in July 1979, is the debut single from Michael Jackson’s Off the Wall album. It was his first solo album.
7. We are the world — This song is title song of 1985 album “We Are the World”. It contains US superstars charity recording for famine relief efforts in Ethiopia.
8. “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” is a popular ballad by singers Michael Jackson and Siedah Garrett. This song is also written and composed by Michael Jackson.
9. Bad — This song was the second of five Billboard Hot 100 number-one hit singles from the album Bad, and was his seventh number-one single overall.
10. ABC — One of the first songs by Michael Jackson with his brothers.
11. Say, say say with Paul McCartney
12. “The Girl is mine” with Paul McCartney
13. They don’t care about us — One of the most controversial pieces Michael Jackson ever composed