I’m sitting in an airport lounge as I write this. In Florida. Just delivered a Lead Without a Title keynote for 700 top CEOs at an event sponsored by the FORTUNE 100 company Ingram Micro. Fantastic audience! Grateful.
This morning–in deep prep mode for the presentation in my hotel room–I came across an interview with the famed French designer Philippe Starck (a genius who can design a chair in 2 minutes and a chic hotel in 1.5 days. He says he prefers to work in solitude–”naked in my bedroom” for maximum productivity).
Anyway, the piece (which I read on The Harvard Business Review’s website), really validated a lot of my personal productivity practices (except the bedroom thing). And left me with a ton of creative inspiration.
And so I wanted to share it with you. So you work at peak. And succeed massively.
Here’s an excerpt that’s really worth thinking quietly about in this world of “dramatic distraction” and “really busy being busy”:
HBR Interviewer: “What’s the secret to working so quickly and productively?”
Starck: “I am sort of a modern monk. We don’t go to dinners. We don’t go to cocktails. We don’t go to movies. We don’t watch TV. I don’t use my energy on other people. I just work and read. I live with myself in front of my white page (My Note: yes, he works with a simple pencil and piece of paper).
…Of course, for much of the year I have to travel and speak to journalists, engineers and things like that. It’s the worst. But from the 15th of June until the 15th of September, I live completely secluded–locked in one of my houses–working from 8 am until 8 at night–or making my own biorhythm; work 3 hours, sleep 45 minutes, work 3 hours, sleep 45 minutes for 24 hours, without eating.”
I absolutely LOVE this! Yes, Philippe Starck isn’t the most life balanced person. But no true master ever is. They all were obsessed with their craft. DEVOTED to pouring their genius into the marketplace. And inspiring the world via their exceptional gifts and talents.
Look. You owe it to yourself to make time to be alone. To create space for your biggest ideas to flow. To access your most raw and natural potential. And to pour all you come up with out into the world.
So your life gets to it’s best level. And so you inspire everyone around you. By your obvious brilliance.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: The 48 Hour Transformation
If you truly want to be inspired, learn the “inside tactics” of Mastery and get your life to a whole new place, I encourage you to make a decision that will change your life forever…
…The first two blocks of tickets to my all-new weekend event–THE 48 HOUR TRANSFORMATION–in Toronto, Canada June 8 + 9 have completely sold out!
…Snap up one of the remaining seats to this life-changing 2 day program on unleashing your highest potential + enjoying a life you adore right now. If you wait, you’ll be too late.
Until next time, please remember to make time to create and think in solitude. Your greatest creativity needs space before it will flow. And few things will make you feel happier than presenting your best to the world.
Your fan always,
- !LexMod 4 Philippe Starck Style Victoria Ghost Chair Set (lexmodphilippestarckstylevictoria4salevi.wordpress.com)
- !Philippe Starck Style Victoria Ghost Chair (philippestarckstylevictoriaghost6salevi.wordpress.com)
- !LexMod Philippe Starck Style Victoria Ghost Chair (lexmodphilippestarckstylevictoria1salevi.wordpress.com)
- !LexMod Philippe Starck Style Victoria Ghost Chair in Yellow (lexmodphilippestarckvictoriayellow8salevi.wordpress.com)
- !LexMod Philippe Starck Style Victoria Ghost Chair in Smoked Clear (lexmodphilippestarckstylevictoria7salevi.wordpress.com)
- Buy LexMod Philippe Starck Style Louis Ghost Chair in Clear (tandytandyoleksa6896.wordpress.com)
- !Philippe Starck Style Victoria Ghost Chair (philippestarckstylevictoriaghostfsale.wordpress.com)
- !LexMod 4 Philippe Starck Style Victoria Ghost Chair Set (lexmodphilippestarckstylevictoriarsale.wordpress.com)
- Aunts and Uncles by Philippe Starck for Kartell (dezeen.com)
- !Alessi Philippe Starck Max Le Chinois Colander (alessiphilippestarckchinoiscolanderssale.wordpress.com)