We would like to share some useful tips on how you should study for exams:
- Start on Day One. Time is the key to success while you are preparing for the exams. Without wasting any time you should start preparing for the next exam. Organize your schedule for the coming days before the exam such that you do a little every day. You should start studying 2-3 days prior to your exam. Most importantly don’t burn lamp at both the ends of a day as this will do no good. Since practice makes man perfect so inculcate of the habit of practicing avidly. This prevents you from overnight cramming.
- Get a Good Night’s Sleep. It is equally essential to have a good night’s sleep as to regain the complete mental efficiency one needs adequate rest. So do not skip on night sleeps.
- Jot Down Key Concepts/Formulas. Study your notes well you have made so far. Make a concise list of important points and formulas with their correct application in problems. Making a list of key formulas save a lot of time and help in memorization better.
- Revise Homework Problems. Consider your homework problems seriously so make it a point that you do not just read over the homework problems but actually re-do them and practice more of the kind. Writing down the steps will help you to remember them. Make sure that you try to do the problems before you verify your answers.
- Do Not Leave Book/Notes Examples. Solved examples in book and notes carry high weightage as they are very likely to be asked in exams. Make it certain that you practice them without seeing the solution; there won’t be much help otherwise.
- Look for Identifying Characteristics in Problems. There are some identifying features associated with each type of problem, keep an eye for observing them distinctly so that you can optimize your time in correctly identifying and solving that problem in exam. So, while reviewing your homework look for identifying characteristics that will give you clues on how to identify that kind of problem.
- Take a Practice Exam. Usually, many books contain a lot of unsolved problems at the back of the every chapter. Take them up as a self-testing exercise. Solve the problems in well stipulated time frame. Make sure that you do it honestly without peeping into the solutions or referring to your notes. This will give you the right estimate of your preparation and enhance your confidence significantly.