Sachin Tendulkar may be getting ready to have a go at Australia in the forthcoming Test series starting February, but it’s another batsman from the Tendulkar household who seems all set to share the media attention. Arjun Tendulkar has been selected in the Mumbai Under-14 team that will play the West Zone league games.
Arjun will now travel to Ahmedabad where the Mumbai U-14 team will take on the Gujarat U-14 team at Motera from January 20. Thirteen-year-old Arjun, who is a precocious left-handed top-order batsman, also bowls left-handed. Arjun hit the first century of his career during the selection trials in May 2012, following which he made it to the U-14 probables’ list for the Mumbai Cricket Association training camp. During that century knock, he hit 14 fours and a six on his way to 124 that helped Khar Gymkhana down Goregaon Centre by an innings and 21 runs.
- Sachin’s son Arjun Tendulkar in under-14 Mumbai squad (cricketnext.in.com)
- Let Arjun enjoy the game, urges Sachin Tendulkar (cricketnext.in.com)
- Tendulkar’s son selected for Mumbai U-14 squad (thehindu.com)
- Following in Sachin’s footsteps, Arjun Tendulkar makes it to under-14 Mumbai squad (sports.ndtv.com)
- Zaheer ruled out for Mumbai’s quarter-final against Baroda (thehindu.com)
- Sachin Tendulkar to play Ranji quarter-final against Baroda (cricketnext.in.com)
- Sachin Tendulkar focussed on the game – Cricket News Update (blogs.bettor.com)
- No Tendulkar for Mumbai in crucial Ranji Trophy fixture – Cricket News Update (blogs.bettor.com)
- 9 million thanks, Sachin Tendulkar tells his Facebook fans (sports.ndtv.com)
- Tendulkar scores ton in Ranji quarterfinal (vancouverdesi.com)